Responsibility

It is our responsibility, not ourselves, that we should take seriously.

Peter Ustinov

Responsibility, the high price of self-ownership.

Eli Schleifer

It is easier to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.

Josiah Stamp

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.

Antonio de Mendoza

Corporation: an ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.

Ambrose Bierce

No matter how lofty you are in your department, the responsibility for what your lowliest assistant is doing is yours.

Bessie James

When Robert Fosse was replaced as director-choreographer on the short-lived Broadway show The Conquering Hero, he complained, “I conceived this show. I outlined it. I cast it. I choreographed it. I drew the first sketches for the design. I directed it. And the first thing that goes wrong, they blame me!”

When the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it may be that they take better care of it there.

Cecil Selig